Telangana movie actors and directors
Telangana movie actors and directors list in Tollywood. Telangana region people are less seen in the Tollywood film industry. Most of the Tollywood actors and other technicians are from Andhra region only. The notable stars from Telangana region ( also with Telangana ancestry) are Kantha Rao, Nithin, Uttej, Vennala Kishore, Prabhakar reddy and Prabhakar ( Kalakeya in Bahubali) etc….. However, there are numerous comedians and popular stage performers turned actors in the recent times who are gradually turning out to be big time actors.
Here below is the list of Movie directors from Telangana :
With the Big Bang Blockbuster of “Pellichoopulu” movie, the young debutant director ” Tarun Bhaskar” too is added to the list of Telangana directors.
Tarun Bhaskar’s speaks perfect native accent as his ancestors hail from Nizambad.
With ” The Ghazi attack ” another young champ “ Sankalp Reddy“ joined the league of Telangana directors who hailed from Ibrahimpatnam village which is on the Nagarjuna sagar road in Ranga reddy dist.
Mainly the majority of crew hail from Andhra districts like Krishna, Guntur and Godavari districts. The rest of the districts of Telugu states contribute very less. In the entire 60 years of post independence Telugu cinema, the number of actors from Telangana region could be counted on fingers.
In the Yesteryear cinema , you could see only ” Kantha rao” from the Telangana region who worked as the lead actor and was famous to act in periodical movies involving sword fights and he was also famous the role of Narada.
The other side, Protaganist ” Prabhakar reddy” was also from Telangana region ” Nalgonda district”.
These were only two well know artists until in late 80s Babumohan got opportunity in appearing couple of comedy roles.
Babu mohan was followed by Venumadhav, Uttej , Vennala kishore etc.
Coming to the direction department, Telangana directors had worked hard to get the opportunity till 90s. It was only in the early 21st century that most of the talented people got the chances to step in as directors.
LIST OF TELANGANA ACTORS AND OTHER FILM PERSONALITIES
The list of Telangana directors:
1. Shankar : The first personality to be mentioned when we talk about Telangana cinema. This genius had made the movies like Encounter, Sriramulayya , Jayam Manadera and Jai bolo Telangana which received critics appreciations and also were huge hits at the box office.
Shankar mostly dealt with social problems in his commercial movies which is not an easy task.
2. Narsing rao : Much before Shankar and much before the other Tollywood big directors, Narsing rao was famous for his award winning movies like Matti manushulu and Daasi. All of his movies were screened in atleast one or multiple international movie festivals and every movie bagged him prestigous awards.
Narsing rao got 4 national awards so far.
3. Dasarath : He is the director of the hit movies like “Santosham” and Mr.Perfect. His recent movie was ” Greeku veerudu” starring Nagarjuna.
4. Surender reddy : He is the director who gave first success to the struggling actor ” Kalyan Ram” with Athanokkade. His couple of other projects are ” Kick” and Race Gurram.
5. Sampath Nandi : He is the one who struggled during the Telangana movement and grabbed a little opportunity to direct a small budget movie ” Yemaindi eevela” starring Varun sandesh. This movie did relatively well at box office and grabbed the attention of Mega family.
He directed ” Raccha” which was a breather for Ram charan who was struggling with failures. He is currently directing Ravi teja.
The other two directors who claims as Telangana hailed directors as they are born in Telangana districts but their ancestral back ground is unknown as their accent and names do not sound that of Telangana.
Vamsipaidipally (Munna and Yevadu fame ) and Harish Shankar ( Gabbar singh director) are born in Adilabad and Karimnagar districts respectively but their ancestral back ground is unknown as whether their parents were migrated on professional purpose post Andhra Pradesh formation and also their accent do not resemble that of Telanganites. However, these two represent themselves as Telangana folks in the public events.